Skip to main content
Could not complete log in. Possible causes and solutions are:
Cookies are not set, which might happen if you've never visited this website before.
in a new window, then come back and refresh this page.
An ad blocker is preventing successful login.
Please disable ad blockers for this site then refresh this page.
Special events radio coverage
Group W (Westinghouse Broadcasting Company) audio tapes
Special Collections and University Archives
You searched for:
Remove constraint Format: Sound Recording
Remove constraint Date: 1962
« Previous |
Sort by Relevance
Number of results to display per page
10 per page
"Eleanor Roosevelt: A Woman for the Ages" (29:57)
WINS-AM documentary. Eleanor Roosevelt, former First Lady and delegate to the United Nations, died on November 7, 1962. Her life is remembered here in her own words and her own voice. Includes exce...
"Washington Report" 1962 Year End Show (52:02)
"Washington Report" year-end show 1962, with reporters Jim Snyder and Sid Davis. Cold War tensions increase in Berlin, Southeast Asis and, in particular, Cuba. The Soviet Union agreed to send nucle...
"Washington Viewpoint": Edward R. Murrow interview (25:31)
Edward R. Murrow, broadcast journalist and war correspondent, resigned from CBS to accept a position as head of the United States Information Agency, parent of the Voice of America, in January 1961...
1962 GOP Campaign plans; Senate testimony; credentials as Ambassador presented (26:24)
(1) Sen. Paul H. Douglas (D-IL) complains about project approved by the Army Corps of Engineers in cooperation with the Indiana Port Commission (3/23). (2) Sen. Homer E. Capehart (R-IN) responds to...
2 man orbit reactions: Capehart, Arends, Kerr; Receives congressional medal (36:05)
(1) Sen. Homer E. Capehart (R-IN) responds to President Kennedy's speech on the nation's economic status and his decision to postpone a tax cut (8/14). (2) Rep. John Byrnes (R-WI) responds to Presi...
Adlai Stevenson at United Nations Security Council address on Cuban missile crisis (05:35)
Cuban missile crisis: First five minutes of U.S. ambassador to the United Nations Adlai Stevenson addressing the UN Security Council address on the issue of Soviet missiles in Cuba. In particular, ...
Barry Goldwater; George W. Ball; Senator Strom Thurmond In Chicago: Capital[...] (28:53)
(1) Sen. Strom Thurmond's remarks after the Senate preparedness subcommittee's hearing into censorship of military leader's speeches. (2 cuts, 6/4). (2) State Department undersecretary George Ball ...
Birch Bayh; Richard Nixon; John Bailey Election Night Statement 1962 Elections (27:42)
(1) Sen. Joe Biden (D-DE), Democratic party chairman, election night statement (11/6). (2) Rep. William E. Miller (R-NY), Republican party chairman, election night Statement (11/6). (3) Rep. Clevel...
David McDonald; James Meredith Testimony (37:11)
(1) Sen. Everett M. Dirksen (R-IL) reads a letter from Republican congressional leaders urging President Kennedy to promote worldwide demonstrations against the Berlin Wall. The letter says Communi...
John F. Kennedy "After 2 Years in the White House" (58:17)
President Kennedy participates in a radio and television interview titled, “After Two Years: A Conversation with the President.” Kennedy discusses his foreign policy, with particular emphasis on Cu...